forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory structure in 0.6 (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:18:27 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 22/07/2003 12.42:

> What about?
>
> <map:select type="exists">
>           <map:when test="cocoon:/{1}@href">
>

> Basicaly if a resource exist then give the resource as-is, if the
> resource does not exist try to transform it from something else.

And if the resource exists but I still want to transform it?
And if I don't want to crawl all the source files?
And if I *cannot* crawl them?

Listen, this has come up a lot of times, and *was* in the Cocoon
pipeline, if not already there, and I proposed this several months ago.
Not only it seems that you are not looking in the archives, but that you
are also not reading my mails with references I have dug up for you.

"
Mind me, we still add a **.* matcher at the end of the
content-handling pipeline, so that content/** can still contain anything
(ie cocoon can process it but in this case can also decide to just pass
along).

But as you know in this way I cannot easily cater for the special case
in which I want to explicitly have something as-is...
"

Your proposal does not work in case you cannot use the extension to
decide if giving the resource raw or not, and in the case in which these
sources are non-traversable.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -