forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory structure in 0.6 (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:07:05 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 22/07/2003 12.17:
> Though, the necessity of raw/ is rather annoying, as we still have two
> separate content trees with an identical structure.  If index.xml refers
> to a pregenerated sales.pdf, we'd have:
>
> src/documentation/content/index.xml
> src/documentation/content/raw/sales.pdf
>
> Perhaps we could rather use marker attributes in site.xml to indicate raw
> content:
>
> <site>
>   <salesreport href="sales.pdf" binary="true"/>
> </site>
>
> And then just have:
>
> src/documentation/content/index.xml
> src/documentation/content/sales.pdf

The issue here was when users wanted to add a large number of raw docs,
like javadocs for example.

Now, we could also say that in that case we should be able to "mount"
other directories as raw or as content, so I could be ok with your
solution.

I mean, it seems it could be ok, and given my use of the raw dir it is,
but would it be so also for other users?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -