forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets text2document.xsl
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:46:34 GMT
Dave,

>>As far as I am aware you only crawled files that are include on the
>>book.xml / site.xml files.
>

> All links on a page are crawled, unless specified in filterlinks.xsl.

The way the links got on a page is defined either on site.xml or a local
  book.xml file.

> I have seen a lot of different ideas and suggestions about Forrest's directories
> over just the few weeks I've been on the list.  I suggest we get a wiki set up,
> post all the different ideas and allow for comments.  After some time and
> perhaps IRC meetings, we could establish a firm vision of what the directories
> will look like in 0.5, 0.6, 1.0 or whatever.

If there is a lot of ideas on this is because not many people like that
set up.

Have you realize that no one talks about the use of "ant"?

I am not sure if the problem reside on the format we use to comunicate.
But feel free to create a wiki to define this.

I do not think we are going to have any change on this release, but
having a direction to follow would helps.

> This would only be possible in a webapp, not a static generated website.  Even
> then, most browsers can handle most formats.  It is normally the end user who
> chooses if they want plain text (eg, to copy to a document), html (eg, to
> browse), pdf (eg, to print).

1) I can not see the technical reason of why "This would only be
possible in a webapp". Please explain a bit futher.

2) I do not talks just on formats, It could be diferent language.

3) Not all the user agents are end users. A search engine bot who wants
just the content in spanish.

It is not me who has these clever ideas (I wish!) , it is on the
protocol stuff:  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec12.html

Cheers
Cheche