forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets text2document.xsl
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:12:21 GMT

Dave Brondsema wrote, On 21/07/2003 15.24:
> Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:
>>I rather prefer to have only *one* DOCUMENT_ROOT and stop having to
>>maintain two directories trees. any thoughts?
>
> This makes sense to me.  The pipelines already distinguish based on extension, I
> don't see a reason to have the 'xdocs' directory ... it just makes things more
> complicated and difficult for users to maintain.

There was a discussion recently on this...

At first, I thought that having one only directory for content was ok.
But then users would want to have both html files that are shown as-is,
and html files that are decorated like other xml files.
Another problem comes with the fact that we may want to all files that
are not able to be crawled by Cocoon.

So we came to the simple solution to have two trees: one for the stuff
that Cocoon *can* process, and another one for the things that Cocoon
must *not* process.

ATM the content/xdocs nesting is in fact confusing, but we plan to
change that in the next release (BTW, it came out of a tentative to
merge into one the trees, but believe me, it doesn't work, I used it on
some projects and had to revert).

Something like

/content/**
/raw/**

Jeff, do you remember the dir names and the other decisions we took
about the resources/images dirs?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -