forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: New CLI, twice as fast :)
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:09:00 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 20/07/2003 14.07:
> The leg braces have come off and Forrest is flying along :)

> I've just updated Cocoon and switched over to the new 'cli.xconf' Cocoon.
> On my box, rendering the Forrest site goes from 6:13 to 2:44.  On
> cocoondev, it goes from 3:21 to 1:24.  So the new command-line has more
> than doubled the speed :)

Add to that the fact that users won't see the extensions be strangely
added, and that we don't have error pages for non-generated ones...

> Many thanks to Upayavira, Nicola & co. for performing this small,
> much-needed miracle.

Thanks to Upayavira. If he didn't jump in to do the last most important
bit of it all, it would not have been done.

Now we need some indications about why our transforms take so long...

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -