forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets text2document.xsl
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:29:11 GMT
Dave,

> It would be nice to have all 3 formats available.  Can this also be done from
> the xdocs directory?
>
> It is my understanding that only files in xdocs/ are modified and that all other
> files in content/ are kept as they are.  For example, .cwiki files are not XML
> but they are in the xdocs/ directory.  Since .cwiki and .txt files can be
> transformed to the Document XML format, I think it makes sense to have them in
> the xdocs/ directory.

If your understanding that only files in xdocs/ are modified why should
I put a rule to allow txt to be kept as they are?

There is two rules for the txt content:

one in forrest map:
<map:match pattern="**.xml">

         <map:select type="exists">

           <map:when test="content/{1}.txt">
             <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^(.*?)([^/]*).xml$">
               <map:generate type="text2xml" src="content/{1}{2}.txt" />

another one in raw.xmap:

         <map:match pattern="**.txt">
           <map:read src="content/{0}" mime-type="text/plain" />
         </map:match>

So if I want to allow an agent to receive xml,html and txt, I have to
use the content/ or content/xdocs in forrest.xmap and in raw.map.

I rather prefer to have only *one* DOCUMENT_ROOT and stop having to
maintain two directories trees. any thoughts?

Cheers
Cheche