forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding *.html matcher to xdocs
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:52:34 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 16/07/2003 14.25:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:36:23PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Jeff Turner wrote, On 14/07/2003 12.25:

>>>When we eventually move to a namespace-friendly schema language we should
>>>be able to throw any old XML (including XHTML) into Forrest docs.
>>
>>AFAYK, is there a reason why we cannot do this now? Was it the "use a
>>DTD in the editor" thing? Will it go away soon? Can we easily keep two
>>sets of schemas?
>
> Well, you know the problems DTDs have with namespaces.  However a
> namespace alternative to <asis> would modify the XML after validation, so
> it doesn't matter.

The multi-namspace solution would enable the following xml file in the
content:

<doc:document>
  <doc:body> <doc:title>Title</doc:title>
    <doc:p>Ciao!</doc:p>
  </doc:body>
</doc:document>

While editing this document, can I make it validate with current editors?

Or do you mean that the user would add the <html:h2>Subtitle</html:h2>
part after validating the rest?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

             - verba volant, scripta manent -