forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding *.html matcher to xdocs
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:47:31 GMT

Johan Kok wrote, On 16/07/2003 9.36:

>>So, to keep everyone's blood pressure within healthy limits, how about
>>using a namespace attribute instead of <asis>?  Namespaces
>>are nice and
>>declarative; "this is HTML, treat it how you will".
>
> That will imply that we will have to get 'transformers' for these at some
> stage, e.g. when one add WAP or WIG outputs as well for mobile usage.

Hmmm, not exactly if I understand what you mean.

We have different steps in this:

  1 XMLification -> 2 translation to DocDTD -> 3 skinning

What we have agreed upon is that (2)->(3) will pass all tags that are
not DocDTD to the skinning, that can decide if to show them or not.

What AFAIK we will do, is to have the skin pass them as they are if the
skin creates output with that type, or block them otherwise. For
example, if I include a FO-namespaced part, it will appear only in
FOP-generated outputs (PDFs ATM), and not in the html pages.

So if you want your content to be transformed with a WAP skin, you
should not use html-namespaced tags, as they will not be transformed.

But - using html as a start point, (1)->(2) will transform the html into
DocDTD, so there you will use html tags, since they will all be
transformed to DocDTD.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -