forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Back to home-grown docs? (Re: [RT] New Target: sub-sitemap)
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:14:19 GMT
on 6/30/03 8:50 AM Steven Noels wrote:

> On 30/06/2003 15:34 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>But you do make valid points.
>

> He always does. Big toothbrush.
>

>>Here is a counterproposal:
>>
>>1 - since we have basically voted to be part of the Cocoon project,
>>    give all Cocoon developers access to Forrest CVS
>

> AFAIU, we agreed enthusiastically that the karma barrier for Cocoon
> committers to Forrest CVS should be drastically lowered. From the
> Forrest devs however, the way I read it there was reluctancy in stating
> that this essentially means becoming a Cocoon subproject - maybe the
> time isn't there yet, or might perhaps never come.
>

>>2 - Forrest should be able to be used as a Cocoon block.
>

> +1
>
> The current blocks implementation however doesn't easily allows for
> externaly maintained bloks.

sorry for jumping in late.

I plan to work on start implementing "real blocks" for cocoon as soon as
cocoon 2.1 is out final. at that point, forrest (and lenya and linotype
and the portal framework and many of the current cocoon blocks) can
really live as a block.

I just suggest to be patient and avoid doing something that you would
have to regret in a few months.

--
Stefano.