forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [Fwd: [Fwd: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]]]
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:37:35 GMT
Dear Forrest committer,

the current xml.apache.org charter requires a majority vote by all xml
committers to adopt the proposal underneath. Could you please judge &
vote, preferably on general@xml.apache.org

<snip/>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vote] XMLBeans to enter XML incubation [was: Re: Vote for
XMLBeans proposal in the XML Project (was RE: Vote for XMLBeans proposal)]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:16:39 +0200
From: Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org>
To: general@xml.apache.org
CC: general@incubator.apache.org, general@jakarta.apache.org,
general@ws.apache.org

On 8/07/2003 9:29 Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> On behalf of the other committers, I would like to ask the XML PMC to
> consider accepting XMLBeans into the XML project.  We expect to address
> any remaining concerns that the community has during the incubation
> period.

Dear committers,

as outlined in the xml.apache.org charter (section 6.2), and in
collaboration with the Incubator
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/STATUS?rev=HEAD)

Subject to:

  - relicensing of the XMLBeans codebase using the ASL 1.1 license
(http://xml.apache.org/LICENSE)
  - copyright transfer from BEA to the ASF as described in
http://incubator.apache.org/process.html [1]
  - each initial XMLBeans committer sending in a Contributor's License
Agreement
(http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf)
  - furthermore, I would strongly suggest the XMLBeans code should only
be moved into Apache CVS once the outstanding LGPL & BEA-licensed code
dependency issues have been resolved.

Please cast your vote on the acceptance of the XMLBeans project for
incubation in the XML.Apache project:

----------- vote ballot ----------

   [  ]  I agree with and support this proposal (+1)
   [  ]  Indifference (-1 < x < +1)
   [  ]  I object and suggest a way to address my reservations (-1)

<snip/>

</Steven>

[1] IIRC, there was a form for this as well, but I cannot locate it anymore

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org