forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ramsay Domloge <rdoml...@arkemedia.com>
Subject FAQs always generate a NullPointer
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:05:31 GMT
Hey all,

I have noticed that Forrest or one of its counterparts is generating a
NullPointerException when building my site. It seems to do this whilst
building the FAQ pages. Here is an example:

  * [28] security/openssl.html
  * [0] security/index.pdf
  * [25] cliprun/reqspec.html
  * [0] cliprun/index.pdf
  * [25] ingest_agents/reqspec.html
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
  * [25] ingest_agents/faq.html
  * [0] ingest_agents/index.pdf
  * [27] mccann/functionslist.html
  * [27] mccann/mcann-systest.html
  * [27] mccann/ingest-test.html

This little example appears about 5 times during the complete site build
and always occurrs during the FAQ page. Here is the FAQ page that causes
the above error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE faqs PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD FAQ V1.1//EN" "dtd/faq-v11.dtd">

<faqs title="&lt;module name&gt; Frequently Asked Questions">

     <part id="inst">
         <title>Installation problems</title>

         <faq id="npex">
             <question>
                 Why do I get a NullPointerException when I try to login?
             </question>
             <answer>
Please refer to
                 standard Arkemedia installation docs.</p>
             </answer>
         </faq>

         <faq id="lgnmsgs">
             <question>
                 What is the difference between the messages "Sorry,
unable to
                 log you in at this time" and "Error logging in" when I
try to login?
             </question>
             <answer>
                     "Sorry, unable to log you in at this time" means
that the
                     system failed in some way, probably due to incorrect
                     configuration.
                     "Error logging in" means that the username and
password are
                     wrong.
             </answer>
         </faq>
         <!-- More faqs or parts here -->
     </part>
     <!-- More faqs or parts here -->

</faqs>

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The site seems to build fine,
but it's still rather worrying...

Ramsay

--

    Ramsay Domloge
       Lead Developer

  W : http://www.arkemedia.com
  T : +44 1256 869 200
  F : +44 1256 329 119
  E : mailto:RDdomloge@arkemedia.com

            A R K E M E D I A   T E C H N O L O G I E S   L T D

       VIEW POINT    BASING VIEW    BASINGSTOKE    HAMPSHIRE    RG21 4RG

                          http://www.arkemedia.com

                         mailto:info@arkemedia.com

         Tel : +44 1256 869 200              Fax : +44 1256 329 119

 The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
 is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).

 If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for passing
 it on to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to hold a copy of
 this information and you must therefore not disclose, copy, distribute, or
 retain this message or any part of it. MAILTO:Administrator@arkemedia.com