forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Adding *.html matcher to xdocs
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:22:34 GMT

We now have *.ihtml and *.ehtml matchers for html pages in the xdocs
dir. The rationale was that *.html files should have to be given "raw",
because of possible single-directory contents.

But since we have decided to separate the directories that generate with
forrest from the "raw" ones, I propose that we add new matchers, as it
won't impact our users (just add, not remove).

Currently we have the contents/ dir for raw, and the contents/xodcs dir
for generated.

This is the proposal for the standard matchers to use in the xdocs dir
(deprecating old ones). These will all be converted to our intermediate
format.

     *.xml    [all xml files, with automatic sourcetype check]
     *.dbk    [docbook, used also with the xml pipeline, from Abiword]
     *.html   [currently *.ihtml]
     *.xhtml  [new pipeline, will also use future xhtml2 docs]
     *.wiki   [as now]
     *.gif,*.png [all images]
     *.svg    [as now]

Is there something missing? (asciiart?)

What remains out of this is the *.ehtml stuff. Any idea?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -