forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Enhancement - About <metalink>....
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:52:32 GMT
Hi:

Currently I am adding some link to a site. After adding all the links to
the site.xml, I found there is a very recurrent task to write something
like:

<link href="site:register_process" title="Process of Register
Providers">Register Providers</link>

I think we can create a repository called metalinks.xml (similar to
site.xml) where we can define frecuent used links, and just call it from
there. I think like a expand-macro-style.

<metalinks>
  <metalink id="register_process">
    <link href="site:register_process"
      title="Process of Register Providers">
        Register Providers
    </link>
  </metalink>
</metalinks>

The inside any doc, we can write:

Forrest has already this type of functionality? If not can we build
something like that? This is just an idea to enhance forrest. Maybe the
correct name cannot be <metalink> but the idea looks nice to me.

Please comment about this.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.