forrest-dev mailing list archives

From g4 <ja...@root10.net>
Subject Re: Why XSP? (Re: XSP how to - trouble following a step)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:59:34 GMT

On Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003, at 11:30 Europe/London, Jeff Turner wrote:

> Just curious, why is everyone so keen on getting XSP working in
> Forrest?
> Should Forrest be including XSP by default?

Yes, think it should be, or at least documentation and a
local.blocks.properties method. Also I think if this approach is going
to be taken XMLForm should also be included. There is a how-to on the
Forrest site for XMLForms but actually no easy way of implementing it.

> Are people wanting XSP
> actually using Forrest for regular static websites, or using Forrest
> as a
> kind of stripped-down Cocoon distribution?

Yes I think they are, whether this was the intention or not of Forrest.

http://www.javable.com/
http://www.dream-models.com/index.html

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:43:43AM -0400, Leo wrote:
>> Hi list
>>
>> The suggestion below does not work in the Windows 2000 enviroment:
>> .\upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh
>>
>> I think .sh extension is for the Unix enviroment.
>> Windows needs a batch file:
>> upgrade_cocoon_jars.bat
>>
>> Is there some tool that can be used to convert sh files to bat files?
>
> There is Cygwin, which provides a Unix environment inside Windows,
> which
> would let you run this.  That script was made mostly for my benefit
> though, for upgrading Forrest's Cocoon.  It's pretty easy (though a bit
> tedious) to do the upgrade by hand.
>
> But again, I don't understand why one would add XSP to Forrest, when
> Cocoon comes with XSP all set up.
>
> --Jeff
>

>> Leo

Jason Lane