forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: ihtml working again
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:40:16 GMT
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:25:14 +0200, "Nicola Ken Barozzi"
<nicolaken@apache.org> said:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote, On 31/07/2003 13.14:
> >
> > Jeff Turner wrote, On 31/07/2003 12.35:

> >> Excellent, thanks for tackling this.  However, are you sure it's working?
> >> Running 'forrest seed site', I still get a broken page:
> >>
> >> * [0] skin/page.css
> >> X [0] samples/ihtml-sample.html BROKEN: null
> >> * [0] index.pdf
> > Ok, looking into this, thanks for checking :-)
> >

> Got time to try it, and guess what: it works on the webapp and fails
> during CLI generation. Upayavira, any idea?

I don't read all Forrest-dev messages - so well done for getting me to
read it!

The BROKEN: null unfortunately doesn't tell us much, as that is the
exception message. Perhaps I need to add the stacktrace to the broken
link file - a direct benefit of using XML rather than a text file!

So, I don't actually know what the cause of the exception is, and,
without running the CLI in a debugger, I'm not sure how we can find out.

[As an aside, I've just embarked upon a significant refactoring of the
bean/cli, with the Cocoon management code separate from the bean, and a
proper crawler. The intention is that the whole thing'll be much easier
to understand, and to debug, too]

Regards, Upayavira