forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: xsl:output
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:28:46 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:32:50 +0200, "Juan Jose Pablos"
<cheche@che-che.com> said:
> Upayavira,
>
> Upayavira wrote:
> > Certainly the indent="xx" bit should, I would say. At least if they all
> > form a part of a pipeline. I've got a suspicion that the method="xxx" bit
> > might have some relevance. The doctype-public bit should be done by the
> > serializer too.
> >
> > But I'm not sure enough to say 'go ahead' though. Sorry :-(
>
> I test it, and all the xsl:output is ignored.
> The encoding is based on the encoding of the stylesheet
> (text2document.xsl) , so to achive the same result I need to create a
> diferent type of serializer based on the document type:
>

> <map:serializer name="xml-document" mime-type="text/xml"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>    <doctype-system>document-v12.dtd</doctype-system>
>    <doctype-public>-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN</doctype-public>
>    <cdata-section-elements>source</cdata-section-elements>
> </map:serializer>
>

> And then referer on the map as:
>
> <map:serialize type="xml-document" />
>

> I think that people expect to make this change on the xsl, but I am not
> sure if this is a bug on cocoon or xalan.

Niether. It is by design. The <xsl:output> tag assumes that the
transformer is responsible also for serialization. However, in Cocoon
these have been separated into two different components. As the
transformer doesn't handle serialization, tags that are there to handle
it are ignored.

Make sense?

Regards, Upayavira