forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Directory structure in 0.6 (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:17:33 GMT
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 04:12:21PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> So we came to the simple solution to have two trees: one for the stuff
> that Cocoon *can* process, and another one for the things that Cocoon
> must *not* process.
>
> ATM the content/xdocs nesting is in fact confusing, but we plan to
> change that in the next release (BTW, it came out of a tentative to
> merge into one the trees, but believe me, it doesn't work, I used it on
> some projects and had to revert).
>
> Something like
>
> /content/**
> /raw/**
>
> Jeff, do you remember the dir names and the other decisions we took
> about the resources/images dirs?

IIRC,

src/documentation/content/
src/documentation/content/raw/

Then within these directories, users can do whatever they want, although
the default sitemap would support commonly used things like

src/documentation/content/images/

Though, the necessity of raw/ is rather annoying, as we still have two
separate content trees with an identical structure.  If index.xml refers
to a pregenerated sales.pdf, we'd have:

src/documentation/content/index.xml
src/documentation/content/raw/sales.pdf

Perhaps we could rather use marker attributes in site.xml to indicate raw
content:

<site>
  <salesreport href="sales.pdf" binary="true"/>
</site>

And then just have:

src/documentation/content/index.xml
src/documentation/content/sales.pdf