forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: New CLI, twice as fast :)
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:38:34 GMT
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:07:43 +1000, "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>
said:
> The leg braces have come off and Forrest is flying along :)
>
> I've just updated Cocoon and switched over to the new 'cli.xconf' Cocoon.
> On my box, rendering the Forrest site goes from 6:13 to 2:44.  On
> cocoondev, it goes from 3:21 to 1:24.  So the new command-line has more
> than doubled the speed :)

Wow! Significant figures. I take it it is working alright?

> Many thanks to Upayavira, Nicola & co. for performing this small,
> much-needed miracle.

You're welcome. Hopefully more'll come as time permits. And thanks for
your updates today!

I've been exploring how to do your link-view with a single pass (based
upon Vadim's ideas). It's a bit beyond me at present, but slowly, slowly.

Regards, Upayavira