forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Sitemap Reference, updated docs
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:45:31 GMT
Hi,

I've spent the last few days updating the docs for a 0.5 release.  Main
changes are:

 - A "Sitemap Reference" describing the hordes of *.xmap files:
     http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/sitemap-ref.html

 - Updated "Menus & Linking" page describing, with pretty pictures, the
   two main menu generation schemes:
     http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/linking.html#menu_generation
   The implementation of this is described in the Sitemap Reference page.

NB: the @tab menu system is now the default, as it is much more flexible
than the old system, and it seems no-one could think up something better
(well Nicola could but it isn't easily implementable).

 - The various examples in your-project.xml and validation.xml have been
   updated and verified.

 - Menus reordered somewhat.

I'd like to hold off uploading these changes to the main site until 0.5
is released, as we don't yet have a decent doc versioning strategy.

--Jeff