forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new forrest live site
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:29:36 GMT
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:33:12PM +0900, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> By the way, how can we (jakarta-poi) set up the forrestbot?  we are
> doing the update manually:  it is waste of time, needless to say

I will, but some changes will be needed first, to get POI building with
out-the-box Forrest.  Currently, building with Forrest 0.4 gives:

validate-xdocs:
/home/jeff/apache/jakarta/jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hdf/projectplan.xml:367:12:
The content of element type "document" must match
"(header,body,footer?)".

This is because Forrest uses a built-in document-v11.dtd, whereas POI is
relying on a modified version in src/documentation/content/xdocs/dtd/.
This illustrates why it's a bad idea to override a DTD and not give it a
different public id.  The proper way to override a DTD is documented at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html

So either:

 - Someone from POI can volunteer to fix up things to build against
   Forrest 0.4
 - I'll volunteer to get POI working with what will shortly be Forrest
   0.5, submit a patch to poi-dev, which can be applied when 0.5 is
   released.

--Jeff