forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Why XSP? (Re: XSP how to - trouble following a step)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:30:12 GMT
Just curious, why is everyone so keen on getting XSP working in Forrest?
Should Forrest be including XSP by default?  Are people wanting XSP
actually using Forrest for regular static websites, or using Forrest as a
kind of stripped-down Cocoon distribution?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:43:43AM -0400, Leo wrote:
> Hi list
>
> The suggestion below does not work in the Windows 2000 enviroment:
> .\upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh
>
> I think .sh extension is for the Unix enviroment.
> Windows needs a batch file:
> upgrade_cocoon_jars.bat
>
> Is there some tool that can be used to convert sh files to bat files?

There is Cygwin, which provides a Unix environment inside Windows, which
would let you run this.  That script was made mostly for my benefit
though, for upgrading Forrest's Cocoon.  It's pretty easy (though a bit
tedious) to do the upgrade by hand.

But again, I don't understand why one would add XSP to Forrest, when
Cocoon comes with XSP all set up.

--Jeff