forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP in forrest
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:24:17 GMT
On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 02:05:22PM +0100, g4 wrote:

> On Sunday, Jul 13, 2003, at 06:14 Europe/London, Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >Hi,
>
> Hi list, hi Jeff.
>
> I worked through this last week, the only way I could Forrest to
> upgrade was by the following. It seems to have worked except that I get
> a "resource not found" when I try to access a XSP. So I guess I've got
> it completely wrong or am missing something.
>
> 1.	Get Cocoon-2.1 from CVS
> 2	Get Forrest from CVS
> 3 	Get the source dists. of NEKODTD & NEKOPULL these are available from;
> 	http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/nekodtd-latest.tar.gz
> 	http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/nekopull-latest.tar.gz
>
> 	and extract
>
> 	All these (1,2 & 3) should live on the same level (same folder), you
> should now have the following folders:
>
> 	cocoon-2.1
> 	xml-forrest
> 	nekodtd-0.1.6
> 	nekopull-0.2.3
>
> 4.	Edit local.blocks.properties and un-comment all the blocks you want
> to appear in Forrest
> 5.	Copy this file amended file to */cocoon-2.1/
> 6.	Build Cocoon
> 7.	Amend */xml-forrest/etc/cocoon_upgrade/upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh to
> include all the blocks required for example:
>
> 	bzcopy session-fw
> 	#cocoon-session-fw-block.jar
> 	bzcopy authentication-fw
> 	#cocoon-authentication-fw-block.jar
> 	bzcopy xmldb
> 	#cocoon-xmldb.jar
> 	bzcopy xmlform
> 	#cocoon-xmlform-block.jar

You'll also need jdtcore-2.1.0.jar, which is the Java compiler that XSPs
require.

> 8.	run upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh and you should see it CVS diffi'ng
> against your CVS version of Cocoon, it takes a while 5- mins or so.

It should only do the CVS stuff if you've set UPGRADE_TYPE=real.  You can
comment that CVS section out if you like.

> 9.	Now build forrest.
>
> I now have all the blocks there, however they are now re-named for
> example to:
>
> cocoon-xmldb-block-20030711.jar
> cocoon-xmlform-block-20030711.jar
>
> Also looking at Forrest cocoon.xconf I see that all references to XSP
> are now included within <markup-languages/>.
>
> Let me know if you think this is right. Also if you have any insight
> into why I'm getting a "resource not found" on XSP's.

Do regular pages work, or is it only XSPs that give this error?

Try running 'forrest run', and then looking at the logs in
build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/errors.log after you've requested an XSP page
(http://localhost:8888/your-xsp-page.html).

--Jeff