forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding *.html matcher to xdocs
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:45:21 GMT
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:54:10AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote, On 10/07/2003 11.35:
> >How can Forrest *content* ever be edited by a WYSIWYG tool
> >that outputs *presentation*?
>
> HTML tools output not only presentation (as you know, HTML has two set
> of tags, the semantic ones and the presentational ones), and any
> *decent* editor will give you a *reasonable* presentation of the
> semantical content you are editing.
>
> Strip out the presentation part, and there you have your content.

Okay, so ihtml2document.xsl strips out presentation, leaving content.

Now is the idea with <asis/> to _preserve_ some of that presentation?
If so, I don't understand how that would work.  There's no clear division
between content and presentation in HTML.  Can you provide some example
XML using <asis/>?

--Jeff