forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to add a credit image to my forrest pages?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:33:24 GMT
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:35:17AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i'm at a loss as to how to add an additional credit image and
> link to my pages.
>
>   in my skinconf.xml file, i can see the format for adding the
> credit for the "built-with-forrest-button", and i want to add,
> next to that, a "powered by linux" jpg file that i downloaded.
>
>   i've made note of the project images directory, and i've tried
> about half a dozen different combinations to get that jpg file
> to display, to no avail.
>
>   what's confusing is that the forrest graphic is not part of
> the "src" tree -- it's pulled out of the forrest home directory,
> so i can't use that as an analogy.

Anything you put in $PROJECT/src/documentation/resources/images/ should
be available with an 'images/' prefix.

>   what is the proper way to add a new credit graphic?  which
> is the right directory for additional images?  i've tried both
> the resources/images and skin images directory, and neither
> seems to work, and i've run out of ideas.

Hmm, works for me.  Have you got the extension right (.jpg, not .jpeg)?

I've just:
 - Created a seed project ('mkdir /tmp/fs ; cd /tmp/fs ; forrest seed')
 - Added an image:
 src/documentation/resources/images/add.jpg
 - Edited src/documentation/skinconf.xml and added

    <credit>
      <name>Built with Apache Forrest</name>
      <url>http://xml.apache.org/forrest/</url>
      <image>images/add.jpg</image>
      <width>88</width>
      <height>31</height>
    </credit>
 - Run 'forrest' to rebuild.

> rday
>
> p.s.  the initial forrest.properties is also a bit confusing
> in its choice of names.  the "project content" directory is,
> by default, src/documentation, despite the fact that there is
> a lower-level directory whose name is, in fact, "content".

Yes, it's an unfortunate accident of history.  Perhaps we should fix it
for 0.5, since we'll be breaking everyone's sitemaps anyway..

--Jeff