forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Karma request: All Cocoon committers become Forrest committers
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:27:35 GMT
On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 02:22:25PM +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >Dear root,
> >
> >The Forrest committers recently voted (seven +1's, no -1's) to give all
> >Cocoon committers (present and future) access to the xml-forrest
> >repository, since Forrest is a Cocoon subproject in spirit if not in
> >actuality.
> >

> I'm very happy to see fences going down between brother projects (the
> same thing happend recently between with Excalibur), but I'm wondering
> about what is now the definition of "committer", mainly in the area of
> voting rights.

We'll follow the time-honoured process of Making it Up As We Go Along..

> Who has the right to vote on Forrest issues ? All those that have write
> access to Forrest CVS, or only those that are in Forrest's line in the
> "avail" file ?

Being in Forrest's avail entry sounds best.  While it might be fun to
keep Brian on his toes with pointless adjustments, I think we can just
'pretend'.

> In the second case, how will "write-access committers" become "real"
> committers ?

After they show 'commitment'.  Usually by committing stuff :)

> Just wondering...

It's interesting how the technical limitations of CVS access control have
shaped the sociology of open source..

--Jeff