forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <brond...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use XML editor tools
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:33:53 GMT
--- Ilja Heitlager <i.heitlager@emrysgroup.com> wrote:
> This is kind of a xml-newbe question.
>
> I was just wondering how I could properly use an xml editor
> with the forrest DTD's. Since I am working from a Win2k
> environment I am testing XML Writer from wattle software
> http://xmlwriter.net/.
>
> The problem that I encounter is the usage of DOCTYPE PUBLIC
> references to the DTD's. The XML editor simply does not find
> these and I don't know how to resolve this issue.
>
> Any best-practices?
> Cheers,
> Ilja

I am not sure where to do this in XML Writer, but there should
be some configuration screen where you can tell it to look in
context/resources/schema/dtd/ for the files.  Or if it supports
it, the catalog file at context/resources/schema/catalog.xcat

I have used XXE from http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ which
uses CSS to render the XML as you edit it.  So you get WYSIWYG
editing and you can edit using the node tree.  I have found it
to be very nice and have customized it to use the Document v12
DTD.  I'll try to make these available in a few days.