forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Presnell <presn...@stat.ufl.edu>
Subject Menu questions
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:32:47 GMT

Maybe I shouldn't be using forrest for this project (website for an
academic department), but anyway ...

Is it possible to have a page contain a menu without appearing in the
menu.  What I have in mind is something like the following. Say I have

  subdir/index.xml
  subdir/file01.xml
  subdir/file02.xml
  subdir/file50.xml

with index.xml containing links to each of the file??.xml.

I would like to be able to click on the link to file01.html and have
it come up basically with the same menu and tabs that I see when I'm
viewing index.html.  I thought this might just happen automatically
ifI left all the file??.xml's out of site.xml, but it doesn't.  I've
tried all kinds of contortions with site.xml and tabs.xml (using a CVS
version of Forrest from within the last 24 hours), but I can't manage
to make it happen.

Anyway, if it's not possible, that's ok.  If it is, how do I make it
work?

--
Brett Presnell
Department of Statistics

"We don't think that the popularity of an error makes it the truth."
   -- Richard Stallman