forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [patch] 'process' and 'raw' content directories
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:55:00 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:

> Dave,
>
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >

> > Doesn't anyone have any thoughts about this?  Isn't this the direction we
> want to go?
> >
> > I tested this patch with a project at work and 'forrest overrides' works
> properly.  I don't use backcopy at all so I didn't test that.
> >

> I am not sure about this, it make things a bit more complex,

I don't see how this is more complicated.  It is an implementation of cleanly
seperating 'raw' and 'process' files (without nesting one within the other's
directory).  Whether the distinction for source files is made by seperate
document roots or in the sitemap, we need to seperate the types in the build/
directory.  This has been discussed already

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=105904886329139&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=105887697329784&w=2

> and I hope this will be removed sometime in the future.

I don't follow.  What do you want removed?

> Possibly you would like this change for the text format, it is expected
> now on the content/xdocs (it will become just content).

Personally I am doing this so <sync> can be used for as much copying as
possible.  For my project at work, this speeds things up immensely.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net