forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [patch] faster, better copy-content
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:35:44 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:

> Dave,
>

> > Since 'xdocs' is a subdirectory of 'content', copy-content needs to execute
> before copy-xdocs otherwise the copy-content sync task will delete the
> 'xdocs' dir.
> >
> Ok, I will test this and apply soon, but then:
>

>     <target name="copy-content" if="real-content.present">
> ..
>         <fileset dir="${project.real-content-dir}">
>           <exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
>         </fileset>
>
> <exclude/> does not work?

That excludes 'xdocs' from the source.  If copy-xdocs already ran, the 'xdocs'
dir exists in the destination and is considered to be "hanging" by <sync> and is
deleted.

It could potentially get much worse if non-standard 'content' and 'xdocs'
locations are used.  If these directories weren't nested, writing the <sync>
tasks would be easier and they would be more efficient.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net