forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: New CLI, twice as fast :)
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:52:47 GMT
Quoting Upayavira <uv@upaya.co.uk>:

> > Previously project-specific settings (e.g., brokenlinkfile, ctxt-dir)
> > could be
> > set in forrest.properties.  Now they have to be set in forrest's
> > cli.xconf.
> > This seems like a Bad Thing, unless I can have a project-specific copy of
> > cli.xconf somehow.
>
> Okay, so what you need then is to put the location of the xconf file into
> the forrest.properties file, and then make the <java> task use the
> property instead of a hardcoded path to the xconf.
>
> Would that do it?
>
> (Note - I've never even downloaded Forrest, I've just worked on the CLI,
> so I'm guessing here a bit!)
>
> Regards, Upayavira

I think that would work.  But I just found
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine and it shows that
commandline options such as contextDir can still be used.  If that is the case,
the java task should send the variables from forrest.properties as arguments,
like it used to.  Is there anything that can be done with cli.xconf that can't
be done with command line arguments?  If not, there's no need for projects to
have their own xconf at all, we can just stay with forrest.properties.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net