forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets text2document.xsl
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:02:57 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:

> Dave,
>
> > <map:generate type="text2xml" src="content/{1}{2}.txt" />
> > should be
> > <map:generate type="text2xml" src="content/xdocs/{1}{2}.txt" />
>

> Well, I am not sure about this. If you put a README.txt on the content/
> directory then you can call:
>
> README.html --> full look and feel
> README.xml  --> xml format
> README.txt  --> plain text
>
> I am not sure about other formats but this way looks for me the right one.
>
> Thought anyone?
>
> Cheers,
> Cheche

It would be nice to have all 3 formats available.  Can this also be done from
the xdocs directory?

It is my understanding that only files in xdocs/ are modified and that all other
files in content/ are kept as they are.  For example, .cwiki files are not XML
but they are in the xdocs/ directory.  Since .cwiki and .txt files can be
transformed to the Document XML format, I think it makes sense to have them in
the xdocs/ directory.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net