forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Why XSP? (Re: XSP how to - trouble following a step)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:46:27 GMT
Quoting Jeff Turner <jefft@apache.org>:

> Just curious, why is everyone so keen on getting XSP working in Forrest?
> Should Forrest be including XSP by default?  Are people wanting XSP
> actually using Forrest for regular static websites, or using Forrest as a
> kind of stripped-down Cocoon distribution?

I haven't tried Cocoon myself, but a few friends have.  It's my understanding
that Cocoon is a framework for developing web applications/sites.  Forrest is a
layer around that framework which makes it much easier to build your website.
I would like to use XSP for my site, which is primarily static, but I want some
dynamic status pages.  I don't want to go full-blown to Cocoon and spend a lot
of time configuring it, setting up skins, writing linking/navigation code, etc
because Forrest does that for me already.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net