forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger Ackroyd" <apache.forr...@ackroyd.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: Template page resizing IE 6.0
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:50:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>
To: <forrest-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: Template page resizing IE 6.0

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:45:54AM +0100, Roger Ackroyd wrote:
> > Hello
> > Am rather new to all of this. I expect/hope the answer to this will be
simple.
> > Forrest created a template site Ok but pages header and content, does
> > not size to width of browser, nor resize when minimised/restored.
> > Cannot find any place to change this behaviour. If I save a page from
> > the Forrest site locally, it sizes and re-sizes correctly in this
> > browser.
>
> Do you mean, you have the same problem viewing pages from
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/, and when you save the page locally, it
> doesn't have the problem?  Weird.. not sure why that would happen.
No, not quite.
The forrest seed builds a broken template with the search box pushed way off
right of the browser margin that will not re-size. That goes for every page
in the template.
The content does re-wrap when browser is re-sized. The header (MyGroup
MyProject etc) will not.
I merely saved a local copy of the Forrest home page under my local Apache
web server to see if that behaved correctly and it does. I do not think
therefore that it is the browser at any fault. It is what Forrest is
building.
Roger