forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan Bromberger" <Jan.Bromber...@internet.lmu.de>
Subject Re: Antw: link validation and linking to jars // how to use skins?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:19:45 GMT
It works with the current CVS checkout. Thanks also for the quick
answer.

Just a n00b-question but: How do I use skins? I tried
  >forrest -Duse.skin=krysalis-site
  (...)
  validate-skinconf:
  ...validated skinconf
  (...)
  bare-context:
  ____________________________________
  Using skin forrest-site
  ____________________________________

I read that on in the primer page:
"Add a use.skin property when invoking the build script to experience
Forrest skins: build{.bat|.sh} -Duse.skin=<thenameoftheskintouse>
docs."

Cheers,
Jan

Jan Bromberger
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Referat Internet
Softwareentwicklung
Oettingenstraße 67
80538 München
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)89 2102-5979
Fax: +49 (0)89 2102-5980
E-Mail: jan.bromberger@internet.lmu.de
Web: http://www.lmu.de/internet/

>>> jefft@apache.org 26.06.2003  14:24 >>>
On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 02:05:23PM +0200, Jan Bromberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please once again look at my issue for a moment. I have no answer by
> now.

Sorry, I was waiting till I had an intelligent answer, which I do now,
and it is... try updating CVS :)  The new Cocoon doesn't mess with
extensions as much as its predecessor, although there may still be
problems.

Oh, the previous paragraph only applies if you're using CVS Forrest.
0.4
Forrest had the problem you describe of throwing an exception when
linking to a directory, but I think it was fixed early on in 0.5
development (by filtering out links, if you need to backport this..).

Let us know if updating doesn't help.

--Jeff

> If my problem is not understandable, please give me a hint on that
and
> I will try to illustrate it again.
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

> Jan Bromberger
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
> Referat Internet
> Softwareentwicklung
> Oettingenstraße 67
> 80538 München
> Germany
> Phone: +49 (0)89 2102-5979
> Fax: +49 (0)89 2102-5980
> E-Mail: jan.bromberger@internet.lmu.de
> Web: http://www.lmu.de/internet/

> Hello everybody,
>
> Ii am experiencing some minor trouble generating my documentation
with
> forrest: My documentation relies on a shared directory in the
> corporates
> LAN. When I am linking to external resources like jars or
directories,
> forrest adds ".html" to my links. Three examples:
>
> <link

href="../dist/lmu-batch-2003-06-05.jar">lmu-batch-2003-06-05.jar</link>
> <link href="../dist">ldistributions</link>
> <link href="../dist/">ldistributions</link>
>
> This produces in the first two cases links like <a
> href="../lmu-batch-2003-06-05.jar.html"> and <a
href="../dist.html">.