forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject 'stable' tag no use (Re: Problem generating Cocoon site)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:26:45 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Cocoon overrides the main Forrest sitemap
> (src/documentation/sitemap.xmap), which means that every time the Forrest
> CVS sitemaps change, the Cocoon one would need synching.  To avoid this,
> there is a 'stable' tag on Forrest, the theory being that Cocoon docs
> should always build with the 'stable' Forrest.

I've just discovered that this rolling 'stable' tag system is not going
to work. Usually, the names of jars changes on each release. Doing a
'cvs tag -F stable' does not remove the stable tag from deleted files.
This means that doing a 'cvs up -r stable' will fetch a bunch of old,
tagged jars, and break everything.

So instead we'll just have to use stable tags with a date suffix:
stable-20030626, etc.  I'll remove the 'stable' tag altogether, to
reduce confusion.

--Jeff