forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.5 outstanding issues
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:13:53 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> We should start a list of things needed for 0.5.. so far I've got:
>
>  - Document alternative @tab scheme, decide what can be fixed for 0.5
>  - Document how aggregate HTML/PDF works
>  - Upgrade Cocoon to get rid of the MIME type bug (eg *.doc becomes
>    *.docnull).
>  - Investigate the bug report that content/*.xml gets parsed when it
>    shouldn't
>  - Fix linkrewriter so it is configured once, instead of once per
>    transformer
>  - Speed!  Need to haul out the profiler and find out why normal Cocoon
>    CLI rendering is 5-10x faster than Forrest.

    - maven plugin! I want you guys on board here.....I'm offering
      a Free Beer (yes, that's free as in beer) to the entire forrest
      committer team (to be drunk at my place only, though) if a
      checked and maybe improved version of this stuff can get a release
      soon :D

    - combined DTDs. I use intellij IDEA (who doesn't ;) for editing xml,
      and it won't eat the chopped up DTDs (with the .mod entity
      inclusions). It would be cool if forrest shipped with (or put
      online) a set of merged dtds that can be eaten by tools like this.
      I believe NekoDTD can be used to do this kind of merge
      automatically, but I can't get it to do its magic. IANAXKOG (I Am
      Not An XSL Kind Of Guy).

cheers,

- Leo