forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Files in src/documentation/content; html-sites via frames
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:14:15 GMT
Schlierf, Stephan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to put files into src/documentation/content/ so that forrest serves
> them as they are.
> But after a "forrest site"-command I don't only get a, say, "foo.doc" but
> also a "foo.docnull" and the link I used in a xml-file points to foo.docnull
> (btw: the last time I tried "forrest run" handles it right but unfortunately
> I do have static web sites ...)
> Does anybody know what's going wrong here?

It's a bug in the Cocoon command-line interface. If you do a CVS
checkout of Cocoon alongside Forrest, build Cocoon, and then run
Forrest's etc/cocoon_upgrade/upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh script, that will
fix it.  It will be at least 2 days before I get a chance to properly
upgrade Forrest.

> A second question: Has anybody tried to change the "table-construct" in
> site2xhtml.xml to a "frame-construct"? What I would like to have is to keep
> the navigation elements just where they are and only scroll the content (as
> a separate html-site)

I haven't. If you're targeting modern browsers, you could modify the new
forrest-css skin so that the menu can be locked in place, much like:

http://texturizer.net/firebird/

Real frames would require a bit of sitemap hacking to declare pipelines
for the various framed parts of the page.

--Jeff