forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject [RT] New Target: sub-sitemap
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:17:35 GMT
I was just wondering if it would be possible to make a new
target for forrest that creates only a subsitemap for cocoon
instead of a full blown webapp?

If you use a defined Cocoon version where you put this subsitemap
into, I think, technically there should only be a few problems:
- additional jars (no problem, could be put into ${target}/WEB-INF/lib
- additional config (no real problem, the xpatch tool could patch
  everything (cocoon.xconf, web.xml, sitemap etc.)
- links and references - this could be the hardest part, I don't know
  If everything (stylesheets, images, documents) is linked and referenced
  relative, moving it into a subdirectory (subsitemap) should be
  no problem. If there are references to the root of the webapp
  they have to be changed.

What do you think about the idea? I think this is a common use-case,
because often you have a (cocoon) webapp and simply want to put
some (dynamially generated) content into it. For example, the cocoon
demo could use this for it's own documentation as well.

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG

View raw message