forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Seifert" <sseif...@pro-vision.de>
Subject RE: I need a bit of testing from any of you
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:28:23 GMT
Without testing your sample - we had the same problem. I suppose it's a FOP problem or a general
problem.
If you use a image which is very large (i.e. bigger than one page when generated in pdf) in
a page, it is no problem in HTML (of course), but the PDF rendering process renders endlessly
until all memory is consumed. If you give it more memory it only runs longer... so it really
seems to be a bug.

The only easy solution we found is to split the big image into several smaller parts and inserting
them separately, these than can be split by the FOP engine on multiple pages.

Stefan