forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Seifert" <sseif...@pro-vision.de>
Subject RE: Whole-site pdf
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:03:34 GMT

The problem with Jan's approach is, that the xdocs have to be fixed in the sitemap. I did
a whole-site pdf with generating it dynamically based on all entries of site.xml.

sitemap fragement:

      <map:match pattern="all-documents.xml">
        <map:generate src="content/xdocs/site.xml" />
        <map:transform src="skins/{forrest:skin}/xslt/all-documents.xsl">
          <map:parameter name="ctxbasedir" value="{realpath:.}/"/>
          <map:parameter name="xmlbasedir" value="content/xdocs/{1}"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="xml" />
      </map:match>

      <map:match pattern="all-documents.pdf">
        <map:generate src="cocoon:/all-documents.xml" />
        <map:transform src="skins/{forrest:skin}/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl">
          <map:parameter name="ctxbasedir" value="{realpath:.}/"/>
          <map:parameter name="xmlbasedir" value="content/xdocs/{1}"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="fo2pdf" />
      </map:match>

The used all-documents.xsl is attached (but still uncommented). It scans the site.xml, does
an document-include for all XDocs and builds a virtual whole XDoc with all documents as separate
sections. You can use the document2html.xsl-Stylesheet too to build a whole-site Html, just
add another section to the sitemap.

The drawback with this solution is, that it is rather slow with many XDocs (i.e. 80 XDocs
in our case => several minutes additional generating time). If i find some time i will
try to optimize it a bit more.

Stefan