forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Give all Cocoon committers CVS access?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:37:41 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 25/06/2003 0.12:
> on 6/24/03 7:19 AM Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>>PS: This makes me think that Linotype should have its own project rather
>>>than being just a block...
>>
>>I think some other current blocks are good candidates as subprojects but
>>I guess we are not ready for that now - I think, this fits a little bit
>>in the context of "real blocks".
>
> I agree with Carsten here, until we have a real deployment
> infrastructure, it would just create more harm than good to
> hyperfragment our blocks into their own projects.

IMHO It's all about communities more than deployment infrastructure.

Is Forrest an indipendent community? Yes.
Is Lenya an indipendent community? Yes.
Is Linotype an indipendent community? Not yet.

So yes, I agree that it's not yet time. As always I'm speaking in
present tense for future things... 8-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -