forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.5 outstanding issues (Re: Cleaning Forrest source directory madness)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:55:29 GMT
Jeff,

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:37:40PM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>>Nicola,

>>>I don't know if/when I'll have time, but I'll surely want to work on this.
>>>
>>>We could also define a test site that gets generated every night and
>>>shows us if/how performance is affected. I can use my server here to do
>>>it since at night it doesn't do anything else, all I need is a test
>>>site. What about taking our site now, freezing it, and checking it in a
>>>test dir, so it remains as the base of the tests? Or IYHO is there a
>>>better real-life test site we could use?
>>>

>>I like that, can we just create a test site with test cases?, in this
>>way, we make sure that things still working.
>

> We'd just need to log times for the sites on
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/.
>
> --Jeff

We can not compare that, because:

What about if you add/remove more pages?
What about if you modify the skin with less/more features?

If you want to test the performance on time, then you have to create
test cases that does not change that much.
I got a feew examples ( please add more):

  table of 50 elements.
  render a svg logo
  Display a page with the maximum amount of elements posible for these
diferent source formats:

   docv12 -> html
   docbook-> html
   wiki -> html
   faq -> html
   howto -> html
   rss -> html

and for a diferent output:

   docv12 -> pdf

I can help on the creation of the pages, but I am not sure how to achive
the mesaure of that.

Cheers

Cheche