forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: font size in IE 6.0
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:51:45 GMT

nate@inventric.com wrote, On 16/06/2003 2.47:

> I aplogize if this has been mentioned before on this list.  The Krysalis skin
> views poorly in IE 6.0.  I have noticed this even on the Krysalis website.  When
> a user views the website for the first time, the font size becomes enormous.
> Looking in the cookie, I see its at 100px.  Stepping throuhg the fontsize.js
> shows me that the ndeGetDocTextSize() method returns the current font size as
> 100%, not 100px.  So fontscript.js things the user is already at 100px.

Yes, I have seen this too, and I've applied in CVS a different solution
in ndeGetDocTextSize() :

   //fix IE bug
   if( isNaN(size)){
     if(size.substring(size.length-1)=="%"){
       return
     }
   }

What do you think is better? Is the krysalis site still having problems?
Since this bug is dependant on the browser, I would really hope it
doesn't happen again, so maybe it's better to use both fixes...

Thanks :-)

> solved this with the following change in the ndeSetTextSize method:
>
>   if(!startSize)
>   {
>     startSize = 16;
>
>   }