forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning Forrest source directory madness
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:16:43 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 13/06/2003 4.20:

> Nicola,
>
> I like that someone mention that mess, it is a bit confusin, but I am
> not sure about the proposal. Your proposal seems to create more
> complexity than it was.

hehehe

>> Ideas?
>>

> I would like to remove all directories, so users are free to create the
> struture they feel is best.
>
> so what I got in mind is this:
>
>  http://site/image.png
> If that file exists then give it as raw, if not process image.svg.
>
> Is this posible to do so? I saw this, but I am not 100% sure:
>       <map:match pattern="**.png">
>         <map:act type="resource-exists">

Juan Jose, what you ask is exactly what I have been asking to have since
some months now. But some developers feel that for the it's better to
divide content in directories.

My proposal is made to try and take care of both uses, so that you can
decide to divide by directories or keep all together.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -