forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: I need a bit of testing from any of you
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:28:51 GMT
Stefan,

 > Without testing your sample - we had the same problem. I suppose it's
a FOP problem or a general problem.

Hey!, you never told me that!!

Well, the fact that "Out of memory" error does not contain any hint of
the problem is actually a forrest bug. Maybe we need to split a bit more
the -site target, so we know nearly where the problem is.

Cheers,
Cheche

Stefan Seifert wrote:
> If you use a image which is very large (i.e. bigger than one page when generated in pdf)
in a page, it is no problem in HTML (of course), but the PDF rendering process renders endlessly
until all memory is consumed. If you give it more memory it only runs longer... so it really
seems to be a bug.

> The only easy solution we found is to split the big image into several smaller parts
and inserting them separately, these than can be split by the FOP engine on multiple pages.