forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject [Mildly OT] Multiple Stylesheets & Favelets (was Re: New forrest skin)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:44:37 GMT
Tom,

On 6/2/2003 4:03 PM, Tom Klaasen wrote:
> All,
>
> As I've announced some weeks ago, I've put some work into developing a
> "only-divs-for-layout" skin. Today, it has reached a pretty stable state
> (meaning that some cleaning needs to be done, but the bones and a lot of
> meat are there)
>
> You can see the result at http://users.pandora.be/tom.klaasen/forrest/
> (won't stay there forever though).

Do you have other css files (such as one w different background-color,
font-family, etc.) to go along w your new "only-divs-for-layout" skin?
That would be a nice addition. If you added them to the header following
the examples in this link, people could switch among them:

   http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/codeisfreespeech.html

There's even a stylesheet switcher for (blech!) Netscape 4.x:

   http://www.alistapart.com/stories/n4switch/

Of course, since Internet Explorer doesn't have a "use Style" menu like
Mozilla, it wouldn't know the difference (but who cares?) I guess you
could always provide a "Choose style sheet" favelet on the page for
challenged M$IE users...

[OT] BTW, there're about 20+ nifty "favelets" accessible from that site:

   http://www.tantek.com/favelets/

What's a favelet? It's a JavaScript "link" that can be clicked on or
dragged to the Personal Toolbar to perform an action (such as reSize the
window to 800x600, make all DIVs or TABLE elements on a page have a red
border, or list all IMAGE elements in an 'alert()', or validate the page
you're on w a click from the Personal ToolBar). Favelets are also
referred to as "Bookmarlets". Here're a couple of useful ones (watch
wrap on the long ones) & there're more on the above page:

ReSize window to 800x600:
javascript:void(window.resizeTo(800,600))

W3C HTML Validator for Current Page:
javascript:void(document.location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+document.location)

W3C CSS Validator for current page:
javascript:void(document.location='http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri='+document.location)