forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 'stable' tag no use (Re: Problem generating Cocoon site)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:41:37 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 08:37:08AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I'm a real CVS novice - but would it be possible to remove all 'stable'
> tags before applying the new 'stable' tag? Would that clear the tag
> from the deleted files?

(runs off to check...)

No, seems that 'cvs tag -d stable' only removes the stable tag from files
currently in the project.  So running 'cvs up -r stable' right after
deleting the tag still pulls in a bunch of old stuff.

However, 'cvs rtag' gives better results.  If I use 'rtag' to delete and
update the tag, it almost works:

[jeffturner@cocoondev xml-forrest]$ cvs rtag -F stable xml-forrest
cvs rtag:
xml-forrest/src/java/components/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/RealPathModule.java:
Not moving branch tag `stable' from 1.1.2.1 to 1.2.

Hmm, don't know.

--Jeff