forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how can I add a directory for additional resources ??? Please help!
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:36:53 GMT
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 08:25:49AM +0200, Mikael Sitruk wrote:

> Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 01:27 by Jeff Turner
>
> >On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 01:08:26AM +0200, Mikael Sitruk wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I would like to add a directory in the site under the resources
> >> directory named "xml-samples". When I create it in the
> >> "src/documentation/content/resources", the directory is not copied to
>
> >> the generated site!
>
> >Put the directory in src/documentation/content/ if you want it copied
> over >as-is.
>
> In fact I need something more complicated!
> I need this directory to be copied to the 'build' area but not in the
> final generated site.
> The reason is quite simple, I need the files there in order to load them
> in the document2html stylesheet. The original document being processed
> contains a reference to another document that must be processed, like a
> document contains images.
> Therefore in the stylesheet, I use there the "document(<other_file>)"
> function. But I can't just put the name of the file or the relative
> location of the file from the document being processed since the XSLT
> processor is not executed from the place where the original document is,
> but from the skin directory.
> Therefore the document("file_name") doesn't work and need to
> document(concat('../../../../content/xml-samples/',$file))
> Anyway I don't need this directory to be copied in the generated site,
> but in the build area only in order to be able to find the referenced
> file.

If you're using CVS Forrest, I just modified forrest.build.xml to copy
across everything from src/documentation/resources/*, as I think your
kind of use-case will become much commoner in future.

For Forrest 0.4, I think the options are:
 - Put the content in src/documentation/skins/common/xslt/html/*
 - Hack the forrest.build.xml file

--Jeff