forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Forrest 0.5 outstanding issues
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:00:40 GMT
Hi,

> hehehe. Tried and failed. There is a lot in the xml world I know only a
> little about. Various tools always seem to sprout various vague errors
> (File not found: index.htmlnull, upgrade a library, and it works. Why on
> earth is that?! How does one debug xsl?). I get frustrated all the time!

Usually, the processor spits out explicit error information like the exact
offending thing, the XSL file that it occurs in and the line number. If that
doesn't help there is always divide and conquer :) But the example you cite
does not look like an XSL error.

It would be nice if you could simply run a single (forrest) page
transformation at the command using just the XSL processor (or many
different ones), the XSL and XML source and nothing else. Is this possible?

-Rob