forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.5 outstanding issues
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:58:02 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:13:53PM +0200, Leo Simons wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >We should start a list of things needed for 0.5.. so far I've got:
> >
> > - Document alternative @tab scheme, decide what can be fixed for 0.5
> > - Document how aggregate HTML/PDF works
> > - Upgrade Cocoon to get rid of the MIME type bug (eg *.doc becomes
> >   *.docnull).
> > - Investigate the bug report that content/*.xml gets parsed when it
> >   shouldn't
> > - Fix linkrewriter so it is configured once, instead of once per
> >   transformer
> > - Speed!  Need to haul out the profiler and find out why normal Cocoon
> >   CLI rendering is 5-10x faster than Forrest.
>
>    - maven plugin!

Oops, yes, sorry ;)

>      I want you guys on board here.....I'm offering a Free Beer (yes,
>      that's free as in beer) to the entire forrest committer team (to
>      be drunk at my place only, though) if a checked and maybe improved
>      version of this stuff can get a release soon :D

Have you more or less finished working on it?  Safe to commit to Forrest?
Is the most recent version the one living somewhere in Avalon, or the one
in ~leosimons/..?  I'll have a play this w'end.

>    - combined DTDs. I use intellij IDEA (who doesn't ;) for editing xml,
>      and it won't eat the chopped up DTDs (with the .mod entity
>      inclusions). It would be cool if forrest shipped with (or put
>      online) a set of merged dtds that can be eaten by tools like this.
>      I believe NekoDTD can be used to do this kind of merge
>      automatically, but I can't get it to do its magic. IANAXKOG (I Am
>      Not An XSL Kind Of Guy).

AFAIK, the reconstitution of a full DTD from entities is done by the XML
parser.  I would have thought IDEA just needs a pointer to the *.dtd
file.  Perhaps it can't resolve the relative paths to *.mod files.  Hmm..
I'll have a play.

Alternatively, you could.. oh never mind ;)

:wq!

--Jeff